The FLEX30 unit, the Professional Standards Framework, and HEA Fellowship
Some of the work on this site will be used towards academic credits through the Flexible CPD unit available from the Centre for Excellence in Learning and Teaching at MMU. This page will serve as an outline of work completed as part of the FLEX30 unit, due for submission 23 January 2017.
I will be using my FLEX30 portfolio to seek HEA Fellowship, and as such posts will be aligned with the UK Professional Standards Framework, which can be seen blelow. A summary of how my posts map to the UK PSF can be found here.
Whilst CPD improves practice in all areas of my work, for the purposes of FLEX I will be focusing upon two courses in particular. Some context for each is given below.
UK PSF Areas of Activity
A1 – Design and plan learning activities and/or programmes of study
A2 – Teach and/or support learning
A3 – Assess and give feedback to learners
- Protected: Assessing MA Education Dissertations (20 Nov 2016)
A4 – Develop effective learning environments and approaches to student support and guidance
- Using the Moodle VLE to support learning on the PEC (4 Apr 2016)
A5 – Engage in continuing professional development in subjects/disciplines and their pedagogy, incorporating research, scholarship and the evaluation of professional practices
- PEC Student Evaluation Results (15 Jul 2016)
UK PSF Knowledge and Values
The above posts also link the the Knowledge and Values dimensions of the UK PSF, as can be seen below.
- Assessing MA Education Dissertations (UK PSF K2, UK PSF K6, UK PSF V1, UK PSF V4)
- PEC Student Evaluation Results (UK PSF K5, UK PSF K6)
- Planning the DC Electricity Unit of the Physics Enhancement Course (UK PSF K1, UK PSF K3, UK PSF V3)
- Teaching the DC Electricity Unit of the Physics Enhancement Course (UK PSF K2, UK PSF K3)
- Using the Moodle VLE to support learning on the PEC (UK PSF K4, UK PSF V2)